Cornish Seaweed Organic Flaked Kelp 60g
Our organic kelp flakes, also known as Kombu flakes, are famously used in Japanese cooking and for its unique umami taste. A deeply detoxifying and powerful sea vegetable with a deep flavour. Use in hearty meals including stews and winter soups. Also great to add to soaking pulses to make them more palatable.
All our pouches are now PLASTIC FREE and use biodegradable ink! They contain only paper and are therefore recyclable and compostable.
Taste: Deep umami taste, salty, sweet and smokey.
Eat cooked or rehydrated
Note: Kelp needs to be soaked for 30 mins in water to reduce high iodine levels when eaten raw. Cooking also significantly reduces iodine levels.
Why not try
- Add a tsp to bolster the flavour of stocks, soups, stews and sauces during cooking
- Place on the table to use as a healthy alternative to salt
- Take ½ tsp in or with water every morning for a super powerful health kick
- Add a tsp to rice, veggies or pulses when cooking to increase digestibility and add to the cooking water
It sure is healthy…
- High in iodine (Highest of all seaweeds)
- High in Dietary Fibre
- High in Calcium, Magnesium, Iron, Copper, Potassium and Zinc.
- High in Vitamins B7 & D
- Source of Vitamin B3
- Low in (Saturated) Fat
About the brand
We are a small team of passionate seaweed foragers based on West Cornwall’s rugged coast and offer a range of 100% organic seaweeds for use in everyday cooking.
Our seaweed recipes can be found in our newly launched Seaweed Cookbook, on our Recipe page as well as on each and every pack to help ignite your creativity in the kitchen!
Our seaweeds have been lovingly hand picked and processed naturally to allow us to bring you the best quality ingredients direct to your table.